Wednesday, April 4, 2012

white shoes and a risen king

I have done my fair share of living the life I thought I had to live. I "ran the race" because I always had. I memorized scripture to get an 'A'. (I went to a Christian school, don't judge ;). I went to a Christian university because I wanted to be in "Christian Community." I wore the dress on Easter because we all did, even though the basket full of chocolate seemed to be the main event. I went to church every Easter with the little hat, a frilly dress, and of course, white gloves because what other day are you going to get away with that? (By the way, the hat and gloves were strictly a 'kids section' kind of purchase. I have reformed.)

Truth be told, I still get giddy thinking about what I will wear on Easter Sunday. In the south, easter is the first day of the year you can wear white shoes. For crying out loud, who wouldn't be excited!

In years past I can say that I believed the meaning of Easter with all of my heart. That's the truth. But there lacked a passion over it. There lacked a desperation in my heart for others to believe and know what Easter meant too.

This week my heart has been so heavy. I've mentioned before that having Elias, and losing Elias has changed me. My eyes have openned to this whole other world; a world that so many people live in every day. My eyes have been openned to the reality that our world is fallen and people experience this fallenness in such real and bitter ways. In my world of painted ponies and fields of lillies, I just didn't see it. But now, I've tasted a touch of that bitterness in my own life. I've seen how sin has effected the world that God intended to be beautiful and full of life. I have pasted the words "This is not how it should be" on my heart. But the thing I can't imagine is going through all of this hurt and more without hope; without a Savior. Some of the many thoughts that I think everyday is that Jesus will make all things new. Jesus came to give us life! Jesus is near to the brokenhearted! And I just wonder how people cope with such pain in their hearts without believing these truths.

This year easter is more real than its ever been! And it's not just because His death has made a way for me to be with my son again, but it's because He did make a way for us to be together again. God could have thrown His hands up and said, fine, you've made your choice, and now you'll pay for it. But instead, He chose to send His son, Jesus, paying the full punishment for our sins so that if we choose Him, we can live eternally in Heaven.

He loved us so much that He wanted us to have life in Heaven the way He always intended it to be -- full of life, joy, and a perfect relationship with our Savior and others. Sin will always cause a seperation and an inability to fully understand God. But when we're in Heaven, we will have full understanding.

I know it probably sounds like I'm preaching at you, and I'm sorry if that's how it comes across; but I can't have this blog, during this week, and not share what Jesus has done in my life!

Now, most likely, I will con my husband into letting me buy a new outfit for Easter, and you better believe if Elias was here he'd be decked out in some fabulous smocked get-up, covered in bunnies; and my husband would be thoroughly embarrassed. But please don't miss the point.

As I tried to explain to a little boy who was raised to believe it was about a bunny, there is more. So much more...

"For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

*********************************************************************************

Please know that if you have any questions about my faith, you can always contact me! I would love to share more about my Jesus....

6 comments:

  1. I loved this! It so encouraged my heart. Thanks for sharing :) I love your blog :)

    -ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am following you on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I've noticed so many people boarding the bloglovin' wagon ;) thought I'd join too.

      Delete
  3. What an awesome blogpost! So glad that not only will we see our sons again, but that He knows exactly what we are going through! God is good! Although I would love to be carrying my son still in my womb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you...glad we have a Savior....sad without our boys....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Small Bird Studios